5905 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

N4000 Specification

kelvin567
Occasional Advisor

N4000 Specification

I have the HP unix whose model is $ model
9000/800/N4000-55, currently HP ux 11i is installed and i wish to upgrade itto hp ux 11.23. From where can i find its specication and the os supported.
7 REPLIES 7
Mike Shilladay
Esteemed Contributor

Re: N4000 Specification

Hi,

Page 36, tells you that N-Class supported for 11.23.

http://www.docs.hp.com/en/5991-8010/5991-8010.pdf

Mike.
Ivan Krastev
Honored Contributor

kelvin567
Occasional Advisor

tnks, from where can i found specification abt this server, I need to see as to how many slots r there for internal hard disk etc etc...
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

there are two internal drives in an n4000. they are located in the back of the server at the bottom in the middle.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

The N4000 (aka rp7400) is supported with 11.23.

Here you can find detailed information about the server:

http://docs.hp.com/en/hw.html#HP%209000%20rp7400%20Server%20%28N-Class%29

Remember to check if all of your HBAs are supported with this OS. Use this site:

http://docs.hp.com/en/netcom.html

For example, HVD SCSI HBAs and devices work with 11.11, but not with 11.23.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Robin T. Slotten
Trusted Contributor

I agree with Thorsen, Be certain you research all of your hardware. I got bit assuming some of the legacy hardware would be supported under 11.23. Older HBA's, FW-SCSI and some older storage arrays are no longer supported. Even with new HBAs.
Rob...
IF you do it more than twice, write a script.
Andrew Young_2
Honored Contributor

Hi.

A couple of notes from having tried to upgrade previously. Firstly FW/SE/HVD SCSI cards are no longer supported in HP-UX 11.23. There may be other adaptors that are also not supported including some HBA's and network adaptors.

Secondly you will need to upgrade the PDC code on those units as there is a minimum level supported on those units.

Lastly if you updating using Update-UX, which I do NOT recommend unless there are strong reasons for doing so, make sure there are no formulas in your kernel parameters, although this bug has alledgedly been fixed subsequent to the last time I ran this.

Good luck.

Regards

Andrew Y
Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes