108795 Solutions
New Discussion

N4000 networking options

SOLVED
Go to solution
BOB BARBA
Contributor

N4000 networking options

We have a N4000 system which presently has only one 10/100 Mbit network interface installed. I have a couple of questions.

1. Is a faster network card available for the N4000? If it is what specific components would I need to install?

2. Is there an option to install a 2nd 10/100 Mbit network card into the N4000? If this is possible would I need to install additional components to allow the network card to be installed?

Many thanks in advance for any information yo are able to send me.

BobB
1 REPLY 1
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: N4000 networking options

1. Is a faster network card available for the N4000? If it is what specific components would I need to install?

Here is a link to a complete list of network cards:
http://www.hp.com/products1/unixserverconnectivity/adapters/ethernet/index.html

Remember you need PCI cards for the N-class server.

2. Is there an option to install a 2nd 10/100 Mbit network card into the N4000? If this is possible would I need to install additional components to allow the network card to be installed?

I have 6 network cards in my N-class server, and one of them is a 4 port network card, so yes, multiple network cards are possible, but I have to stress to use them all, you have to know a bit about networking.

You might have to add drivers to your kernel, but this is a no brainer via "sam".

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die