1748214 Members
3252 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Need a link to HP9000 HW Matrix End of Support Life

Ryan_4
Advisor

Need a link to HP9000 HW Matrix End of Support Life

Need a link to HP9000 HW Matrix End of Support Life -- or some offical HP link that show when the end of support life is for L-Class and N-Class servers.
15 REPLIES 15
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

As far as I know, nothing like that exists. HP publishes End of Support for the OS but not the hardware.

It would be nice if it did exist.
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Hi Thomas,

Unfortunately because this info is so dynamic, HP quit posting it online.
You'll have to either contact your local HP rep or ask that an HP moderator answer your specific question here. Only they have access to that data.

Rgds,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Cheryl Griffin
Honored Contributor

Give me the product numbers because there are a lot of flavors of L's and N's.

I can help.
"Downtime is a Crime."
Ryan_4
Advisor

Right now I am looking for some reference to an official HP document which states what the end of support life is for the L2000 and the N4000. I believe the EOS for the N4000 is 12/31/2005 and the EOS for the L2000 is 8/30/2006. I am trying to locate some HP document that would state the support dates. HP had posted such a document that covered all of the A-Class and N-Class servers back in 2003, but I have not seen anything since. What I used to have bookmarked are dead links now. Can you help?
Jean-Luc Oudart
Honored Contributor

Check this link :
http://www.hp.com/products1/evolution/e3000/news_events/discont/end_support_a-nclass.html#nproducts

Is this what you are looking for ?

Regards,
Jean-Luc
fiat lux
Ryan_4
Advisor

Jean-Luc, Close -- but that matrix refers to the e3000 servers. All dates are show 12/21/2006 (which is the end of support for the HP3000). However, the HP9000 hardware versions of the NClass are different end of support. But I'll give you cudos for the attempt.
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Hi Thomas,

As Cheryl has so graciously asked, just post the actual Model # - like A3869A for example.
They construct the spreadsheets based on these identifiers - *only* - not model designation like "L1000" or "N4000". Because as she pointed out there are literally dozens of "Ls" & "Ns" out there. Simply because of all the CPU speed & GSP versions produced. Not to mention support chip "upgrades".
You should be able to find this on the S/N sticker - or at least on your support agreement. Worst case scenario is there's a sticker on the right side of the chassis - but you need to slide it out to see *that* one.

My 2 cents,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

The minimum support life for these products is established at the time they are discontinued from production. Typically, it is about five years after HP stops selling it. However, it is consider minimum because HP could on a local basis extend the support if parts were available. Usually, this can't be determined until sometime closer to the anticipated end date. Some "L-class", if we use the term loosely to apply the the rp5470 which is the renamed L3000 (A6144B I believe), are still in production, so even the minimum support date is not yet determined.
Mom 6
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

There were at least three versions of the N-class if we count the rp7400, The A3639A, the A3639B and the A3639C (rp7400). If you have greater than 550MHz processors, then it would have to be the C version. If you have 550MHz, it could be either the B or C versions, and if you have 440MHz CPUs then it could be the A or B version.
Mom 6