4734 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Npar

Waugh
Frequent Advisor

Npar

Hi,

Pls explain the below terms. I have gone through DOC. Till i have not clear understanding regarding it.

1)core
2)cell
3)cellboard
4)cab
5)chasis
6)I/O core
=======================================
Hardware Actual Deconf/ OK/ Cell Next Par
Location Usage Max Deconf Connected To Capable Boot Num
========== ============ ======= ======== =================== ======= ==== ===
cab0,cell0 Active Core 4/0/4 2/0 cab0,bay0,chassis1 yes yes 0
cab0,cell1 Active Base

Thanks
Rkumar
3 REPLIES 3
Jeeshan
Honored Contributor

>>1)core
Every nPartition must have a cell that is attached to an I/O chassis that has a core I/O card in it. You can have multiple core cells, meaning cells to which an I/O chassis is attached with a core I/O card in it, but only one of these is the active core cell. If you have multiple core cells in an nPartition and the primary core cell fails, then you have a backup core cell. Not all HP 9000s allow you to have multiple core cells.

>>2)cell or 3)cellboard
A cell board (normally referred to as simply a cell) is a hardware component that houses up to four CPU modules. (Integrity servers support dual-core processors. Even though these dual-core processors double the effective number of processors in the complex, there are physically four CPU slots per cell. In each CPU slot a single, dual-core processors can be installed.) It also houses a maximum of 32 DIMM slots
>>4)cab(inet) or 5)chasis
A node partition is a collection of components that may form a subset of the total number of components available in a single hardware chassis or cabinet.
>>6)I/O core
The only card in the IO cardcage that is unique and has a predetermined position is known as the Core IO card
a warrior never quits
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Please tell the model of your server, so we can tell you exactly ...

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Waugh
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

we r using rp7420 server.

Regards
Prashant