5127 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Optical drive in rp5470?

squirrel_2
Regular Advisor

Optical drive in rp5470?

Hi,

wanted to install an rp5470 from CD-ROM or DVD-ROM. There is a bay for an optical drive, so I connected a DVD-ROM to the power and the 50-pin connector on the backplane.
But when I search for devices, the DVD-ROM is not found. Unfortunately the pdf documentation does not contain a single word about an optical drive.

It would be very nice if somebody could help on that topic. Many thanks in advance.

Ebbi
5 REPLIES 5
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi,

the standard drive is A5220-67003, look up http://partsurfer.hp.com for more information

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
squirrel_2
Regular Advisor

Hmm...
Thanks for that information, but I'm already familiar with it.
Maybe it did not explain my request clear enough:
I already have a DVD-ROM drive (Pioneer DVD-305S), which is connected to the backplane and is not recognized by the rp5470.

My question is, if there is any documentation about using an optical drive in the rp54xx series, because there is nothing mentioned in the user/installation guide.
goldboy
Trusted Contributor

check the following upgrade document, it has more specifics about the DVD settings:

http://www2.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en&docId=emr_na-c00044162-1

Tal
"Life is what you make out of them!"
squirrel_2
Regular Advisor

Thanks a lot, but I cannot use this link for some reason. It asks me to log in and then it wants to download a file named "docDisplay.do".
squirrel_2
Regular Advisor

Now I got it! The "docDisplay.do" must be saved to HDD and renamed as pdf. Strange...

But Figure 8.21 on page 145 explains the installation of the original removable media drive.
Thanks a lot!

By the way:
While the Pioneer slot-in DVD did not work, I managed to install HP-UX with a Toshiba IDE DVD-ROM connected to an Acard IDE-to-SCSI converter. Weird...