108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PDC firmware revision update patch.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Giorgio Battista
Occasional Contributor

PDC firmware revision update patch.

Hi, I've installed HP-UX 11i on a K570 with firmware rev. 39.41. I have to update this revision. What patch have I to download? I do not want to create the firmware update tape with PF_CBHK4201 patch, but i prefer to install a PHSS patch. Does anyone know if it exists? Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

Re: PDC firmware revision update patch.

hi,

I dont think it does, just had a quick look and could'nt see it.

Its only with the newer systems that they have started releasing them as OS patches aswell.

andy
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Andrew is correct, PF_CBHK4201 is the only option to upgrade the firmware.

Best regards,
Robert-Jan
timmy b.
Honored Contributor

Giorgio,
You could have HP come out to do it. They have the most up to date firmware on CD, and every CE has those.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand Binary, and those who don't.
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Another possibility is to create a bootp server and have the firmware image as the boot "device". I have seen this done in the past and have seen some firmware files with the instructions on how to do so. You basically configure another server on the network as a bootp server and config the /etc/bootptab file to point to the firmware image when the client boots. What I am not sure of is if the older K class firmware images will support this or not, and I have not tried it myself. But since I have seen it before, I thought I would mention it.

-Bob
----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor
Solution

Only the new servers can be patched from the operating system. The old K-class (and older) have very simple interfaces for upgrading which is the reason for the tape requirement. With the new systems, there is an independent computer which is separate from the main processors and knows how to run several consoles including network connections.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin