108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Power

SOLVED
Go to solution
Krishna Prasad
Trusted Contributor

Power

I am verifing some power requirements for a new rp5470 and a new rp7410.

I have the maxium power output from the websites. My question is the maxium for each power supply or for all three?

I.E. The we will have 3 seperate 20 amp pdu's installed. We will connect one power supply to each pdu. Is the 3000VA max output for one power supply or all three? I think the answer is 1000VA per power supply, but I want to make sure.
Positive Results requires Positive Thinking
5 REPLIES 5
Krishna Prasad
Trusted Contributor

The rp5470 are the machines with 3 power supplies - the rp7410 has four power supplies with two grids.
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

The total maximum power requirement remains constant regardless of the number of functional power supplies. If all three power supplies are functional then the load is divided among them; however, for redundancy, each of the power supplies must be capable of handling the entire load and the power circuits should be designed accordingly.

Same login applies to the 7410 as well but if my poor brain recalls it only has two power supplies.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Joshua Scott
Honored Contributor

For the rp5470, 2 Power supplies are required for operation, so I would assume that each has a maximum draw of 1/2 of maximum load. you should plan for this in case a power supply fails, or a circuit or power cord fails.

The rp5470 only requires a maximum of 6.5A @ 200Volts, so each power supply should be expected to draw 1/3 of that normally (2.2A) or 1/2 (3.2A) if something goes down.

the rp7410 has 4 inputs, so they should be pulling 1/4 each (3.75A each @200V) If one of the 2 bulk power supplies fails, the rp7410 can run on just one, in that case each of the 2 inputs from that supply may pull up to 15A @200V. For this reason, inputs A0 & A1 should be on separate circuits, as should B0 & B1.

-Josh
What are the chances...
Krishna Prasad
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the reply's. I thought that was the case but wanted to be 100% sure.

Daryl Much
Frequent Advisor