108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PowerTrust battery life?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Wes Kaufmann
Super Advisor

PowerTrust battery life?

Anyone know what is the battery life of Powertrust and Powertrust II batteries?

Replace every 3 or 5 years?
4 REPLIES 4
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: PowerTrust battery life?

3 - 5 years is what I have seen in the past. You can be safe and replace every 3 years, but you could probably get away with 5.

Perhaps others have actual experience to add??

-Bob
----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

It's recommended to replace batteries proactively every 3 years (I believe this info can be found in UPS's manual) to keep systems running safely. When I was in touch with APC experts they told me that excessive temperature can cause batteries life to decrease significantly and they recommendede not to discharge batteries completely (for ex, keep host running until batteries will deplete by 40%, not when they will have 10% capacity left. I guess these rules apply to all UPSes and vendors
Eugeny
paul courry
Honored Contributor

Sure, I know. The battery life is what the technician, whom you invite out every year to do his annual test, says they are.

There are UPS maintenance companies out there that will test batteries and other components on a yearly basis to ensure that the whole shebang works when you need it.

A test is very cheap, a maintenance contract is even cheaper insurance.
Wes Kaufmann
Super Advisor

Thanks for the info, just as I thought.

The HP maintenance guys were unsure and I searched the site and went through all of the on-line manuals and couldn't find this info. Yes, we have a maintenance contract with HP but they only told us after we were having problems that we should replace the batteries. I'll budget now for every 3 years to replace batteries.