1748052 Members
5062 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Printronix Network Line Printer problem on MPE

TOM WALSH_1
Occasional Contributor

Printronix Network Line Printer problem on MPE

I configured the above thru ioconfig and within npconfig with the usual IP address, pjl supported = true, snmp enabled = false and each time i attempt to output a spoolfile to this device i get one page of echo statements and the header lines. The remainder of the spoolfile does not print and remains in the active state within the spooler.

Do I need something special included in the npconfig file or should i be focusing on the local printer config. Does anyone have any sample configs that they can share with me.

I can ping the printer from the HP.
4 REPLIES 4
Eric Sorensen_1
Honored Contributor

Hello Tom,

NPCONFIG needs only pjl_supported = true, snmp_enabled = false, and data_timeout = 30 but the printer needs several difficult configuration changes if your printer is using the internal Printnet interface card (from Printronix). If you use an external JetDirect (HP), then all that is needed is to set the host interface to "bitronics".

If you give me an address, I can email the "Linejet printer verification document".

eric_sorensen*replace with at*hp.com
A problem well defined is half solved.
Terry E Lechler
Advisor

If you change the pjl supported to False, the printer will print, but page level recovery is disabled. Not to safe for those big jobs. I am in discussions with Printronix on this right now and will let you know something if Eric doesn't get back to us....
Eric Sorensen_1
Honored Contributor

Hello Terry,

I'm not sure what information is missing. Please explain (add a response), or email me.
A problem well defined is half solved.
Terry E Lechler
Advisor

Eric - you talk about the line printer verification document. We are using the internal interface, but printronix hasn't got back to us on the jam recovery problem yet....

terry