5791 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Q: K460 power supply replacement?

Heiko Nardmann
Occasional Contributor

Q: K460 power supply replacement?

Hi!

I have recently bought a used power supply for my K460 which has a faulty one. Now my only problem is how to extract the faulty one out of the cage of the machine.

Is there any URL describing this process? I see many screws but which one to loosen? Based on the ones already loosened by me I have tried to pull it out but had not luck so far.

I see the following screws:
- outer part (with part number and so on):
-- 4x Torx with slot (silver-shining)
- inner part:
-- 4x Torx with slot and spring (silver-shining)
-- 2x Torx with slot (gold-shining; at the plastic pulls)
-- 6x cross slot

Yours
Heiko Nardmann
4 REPLIES 4
Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor

Hi,

there is no online documentation in the web. You have to loosen the (total) six screws along the top and bottom of the power supply unit. The other screws can be left untouched. Then pull the two extractor levers out (one on top, one on bottom) and pull out the powersupply (a lot of force may be needed to do it, maybe you need help from someone pulling the big handle on the unit).
It is not easy to know the ammount of force needed to pull it out if you have never done it before, but as you said, the powersupply is out of order anyway. If in doubt, call the HP support ;-)

best regards

Stefan
Ivajlo Yanakiev
Respected Contributor

malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Heiko, can I throw in my 2 pennyworth. There are only 4 screws to undo and these 4 have a little arrow pointing at them, so you know which ones to undo. And like one of the previous replies it can be exceedingly hard to work the 2 blue extractors. You might need some help on the handle
cheers
malvin
Not me Chief, I'm Radar
Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor

The Powersupply from the newer Kx50/Kx60/Kx70/Kx80 models is different from the older models.

Old models: 4 screws
K460: 6 screws

regards

Stefan