108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: R3000XR UPS

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tommy_8
Frequent Advisor

R3000XR UPS

I'm trying to connect a R3000XR UPS to my rp3440 server, can anyone tell me the correct serail port id to connect it too.

regards tony
6 REPLIES 6
Bernhard Mueller
Honored Contributor
Solution

Tony,

should connect it to the UPS connector of the W cable, install lansafe III, run the install script and enter /dev/tty0p0 for serial comm.

Guess this was your Q

Regards,
Bernhard

Zygmunt Krawczyk
Honored Contributor

The Lansafe III for HP-UX is available from:

http://www.software.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=J43xxASW

Regards,
Zygmunt
Tommy_8
Frequent Advisor

Thanks everyone, I had to contact HP as this still didn't work. It looks like I have a hardware problem.
Zygmunt Krawczyk
Honored Contributor

The fact is that only HP Rack System/E series UPS-es are supported on HP-UX.
R3000 XR for HP-UX is J4367A - a modified original R3000 XR with mounting rails
for Rack System/E and probably modified firmware.

If you have 192186-xxx R3000 XR UPS (ProLiant's version), the UPS may not work with HP-UX.

Regards,
Zygmunt
Bernhard Mueller
Honored Contributor

The UPS is just fine. What exactly is your problem? With the serial cable supplied with the UPS it *does* work on a rp3440, I can assure you I have done this about two weeks ago.

What *could* be the problem is if your rp3440 system firmware is not current. We do have problems on older L-Class GSPs that do not support a communication with 19200 Baud which is what the R3000XR requires.

Another thing is that after installation you will have to start the daemon manually for the first time. But I guess you have been through ls3con a couple of times..

Regards
Bernhard
Vincent_5
Super Advisor

Hi Tony,
Can you try with tty1p2 or tty0p2, one of this port should work as I have connected it yesterday. But, sorry I cannot remember exactly which port as the server is with my customer.

Regards
Vincent
nothing is better than to know more