1751935 Members
4937 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RP7400

Ashish_33
Occasional Advisor

RP7400

We have an RP7400 server. We already have 2 hot pluggable disk drives. Can anyone please let me know if we can connect internal disk drives.We have 2 nos. of 146GB disk drives and would like to connect it as internal disk drives.

Thank you in advance.
8 REPLIES 8
Slawomir Gora
Honored Contributor

Sunil Sharma_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I don't think there is any 146 GB drive available from HP for rp7400 (N Class). This model can have maximum 2 Internal drive.

Sunil
*** Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today ***
Ashish_33
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for your reply.
Can we connect the 2 nos. of 146GB disk drives in additional to the 2 hot pluggable drives.
If is is possible, can you please let me know if i will need any converters to connect the disk drives for VA7410 to be connected as internal disk drives.

Thanks
Brian M Rawlings
Honored Contributor

Ashish: I doubt the 146GB rp7410 drives will work in the rp7400, and I wouldn't suggest trying it. They're all LVD/SE drives, so you probably won't blow anything up. Since everything uses the same industry-standard internal connector it may physically fit. But I wouldn't try it, myself.

The rp7410 and its N4000 predecessors only have two hot-swap internal drive bays, no way to add more, so I assume you're talking about pulling out a couple of smaller drives and replacing them with the 146GB drives. In anything other than a test/dev box, I suggest not doing this. Even then, it could be an expensive lesson, if the worst happens.

Regards, --bmr
We must indeed all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately. (Benjamin Franklin)
Ashish_33
Occasional Advisor

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your reply.
I am talking about the 146GB disk drives for Vitual Array 7410 and not of RP7410 server.
Dave Unverhau_1
Honored Contributor

Ashish,

I think your question has been answered, but let me restate things...

The RP7400 server has only 2 internal hot swap disk slots, and no other accomodation for internal disk storage is made in this server. Therefore, you can only have TWO internal disk drives.

If you want to REPLACE the two drives that are in your server now with the two 146GB disks that you're talking about, it should work, as the drives appear to be electrically compatible. I'm not sure of the physical compatibility, but I'm guessing that they would fit.

Now, as the others have said, I would caution against trying this in a production system -- try it first with a non-production system, just in case there is an unforeseen problem -- this IS an "unsupported" configuration.

Best Regards,

Dave
Romans 8:28
Ashish_33
Occasional Advisor

Dave,

Thanks for the info. I will check it.
Ashish_33
Occasional Advisor

To be checked if we can connect internal 146GB disk drive to RP7400