108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RP7410 Left Smart Front Fan not working

SOLVED
Go to solution
Eric Firkey
Regular Advisor

RP7410 Left Smart Front Fan not working

I am trying to start up an RP7410 and the front left fan is not spinning nor is the LED indicator light on ( which means that it isn't getting power) . The other three fans are running fine (right front, and two in the rear) and when I physically switched fan locations and put a known good one in that location it still didn't power up.

How do I fix this and what could possibly be the problem? Thanks
Eric Firkey
6 REPLIES 6
Scot Turner_1
Occasional Advisor

Re: RP7410 Left Smart Front Fan not working

Can you please post the output of the ps command from CM mode using the t option?
I fix stuff.
Eric Firkey
Regular Advisor

I pulled out the cell boards and noticed that one of the wires was not connected to the power that plugs into the front fans. I pulled the server a part and there are two yellow, two red, two white, and two black wires that plug into the back of the fans. Both black wires appear to be broken off of the plug. I don't know much about electricity, but would this be causing the problem? Do these black wires need to be reattached or the whole cable replaced?

I can't run your command at this time because the whole system is pulled apart. I did look at the logs earlier and it said that one of the blowers wasn't working and something about power.
Scot Turner_1
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Eric,

It is my humble opinion that you will have to replace the cable in question. It runs from the fans to the system backplane.

I took a look at one in our warehouse, and it looks like it has an HP part number of A6752-63004 on the lable.

The cable is tie wraped to the chassis, so you will have to remove the lower cell board to "cut it out." The same cable runs to the back fans from a single connector on the backplane, so you will have to trace it to those in the rear well.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on a friday afternoon.

Scot
I fix stuff.
Eric Firkey
Regular Advisor

Hi Scot,

If you look at the connector that goes to the front are the black wires connected (soldered)?
Scot Turner_1
Occasional Advisor

Yes they are.
I fix stuff.
Eric Firkey
Regular Advisor

thanks scot. I will replace the cable.