Did you mean: 

Racking K380 in system-e?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ian Vaughan
Honored Contributor

Racking K380 in system-e?

Howdy,
Does anyone know if a K380 can be racked in one of the modern HP system-e (round-hole, carbon, plastic-sided, rounded back, no depth extension kit) racks?

We have a requirement to keep the K around for a while yet but we want to consolidate it into another rack for the time being.

I can't remember if the rack depth changed and I haven't seen one of the older servers in one of the modern (ish) racks?

Any part numbers for rail kits, or even shelves etc would be gratefully received.

regards
Ian
Hope that helps - please click "Thumbs up" for Kudos if it does
## ---------------------------------------------------------------------------##
Which is the only cheese that is made backwards?
Edam!
Tweets: @2techie4me
3 REPLIES 3
Jesse Dougherty
Honored Contributor

Re: Racking K380 in system-e?

Hi Ian, yes, the K class server can be racked into the E class (A4902A, A4901A, & A4100A) cabinets. The HP Rackmount kit part number is A5173B and it looks like back when the K boxes were sold, the list price was $865.00 but that was taken from a 2001 book.

Hope this helps.
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor
Solution

Ian,
The K class can be rackomunted in the newer style racks yes.

The rackmount kit for the k class is part number C2804A,B or C

C2804A is for the old style racks

c2804B is for the newer style racks in the old colour

C2804C is for the newer style racks in the new grey colour to match the rack.

The main difference is that the rear posts in the newer style A49XX/J15xx racks are slightly different and are set back to the front ones.

So the only difference between the A and B version is the that included with the B version rackmount kit is 2 spacer blocks and 2 longer rackmount screws to hold the rails.

The only difference between the B and the C version is the colour of the front Bezel.

so you could re-rack your server into another rack and you would just need the two spacers, labeled L and R. Unfortunatley there was no part number for them individually, but should be able to get them from a reseller?

unless you fancy making a couple, just a small piece of metal about 8cm thick with a hole in it for the screw?

Andy

Ian Vaughan
Honored Contributor

Cool,
I'll see if we have any blocks & long screws in a cupboard somewhere and use the rails that it is sat on.

Cheers
Ian
Hope that helps - please click "Thumbs up" for Kudos if it does
## ---------------------------------------------------------------------------##
Which is the only cheese that is made backwards?
Edam!
Tweets: @2techie4me