108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Rev B GSP web console blank

SOLVED
Go to solution
GraceO
Regular Advisor

Rev B GSP web console blank

I have an L-class server (rp5470) that I am trying to set-up the GSP web console on. I configured the LAN settings and I can telnet to the GSP, but when I try to use the web console, the screen is blank...I do not get prompted for the Service processor login. I'm using Internet Explorer 6.0. Can anyone help me figure out how to get the login?
3 REPLIES 3
GraceO
Regular Advisor

Re: Rev B GSP web console blank

One more thing about the GSP version:
Firmware Revision B.02.04
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor
Solution

Your GSP firmware is old and has known bugs.
This particular problem might be caused by an incompatibility between your browser and the GSP.

Note that the upgrade to the current firmware is a two-step process: you must first upgrade to GSP firmware version B.02.15. That firmware had some special installation instructions, so I guess it made some significant changes to the GSP's internal workings.

Installation instructions for B.02.15:
ftp://us-ffs.external.hp.com/superseded_patches/firmware_patches/hp/cpu/PF_CCANGSPB0215.txt
The actual instructions are at the end of the file. Follow them exactly.

The actual B.02.15 firmware:
ftp://us-ffs.external.hp.com/superseded_patches/firmware_patches/hp/cpu/PF_CCANGSPB0215.tar.gz

After successfully upgrading to B.02.15, you can upgrade to the latest firmware: (currently B.02.21)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=2512037&prodNameId=86772&swEnvOID=7&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=pf-41402-1

MK
MK
GraceO
Regular Advisor

MK,

Thank you for your guidance. I'll work on getting the firmware up-to-date and see what happens from there.

Grace