5112 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Rp4440 11i v2 Build problems

Staylor76
Frequent Advisor

Rp4440 11i v2 Build problems

hi,
i am trying to load 11i v2 onto a rp4440, seems to go fine until system gets to building the kernel, it then complains that it does not have the following modules : scsi2, disc4, and hpfl1, and therefore cannot build the kernel......???? please help, i am new to the world of hp-ux so please be patient, thanks !
4 REPLIES 4
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: Rp4440 11i v2 Build problems

Check the date of your installation media and the firmware on your server. You probably need a newer media or a firmware upgrade.
Staylor76
Frequent Advisor

thanks ! now all i have to do is work out how to upgrade an ignite image or what-ever it is to a newer version, any ideas ??

thanks again....
TTr
Honored Contributor

What did you use to install the rp4440? An HP installation media (DVD) or an ignite tape/server? If you used an ignite tape/server, what server types was the ignite image taken on?
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

> upgrade an ignite image

If you mean that your image is from an old server, this won't work. An Ignite image is of the original box, not a general purpose, every driver, every hardware installation image. So if the source Ignite image was not from an rp4400 series, it will not be useable on this machine. You'll need the installation DVD.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin