108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SOS,rp8420+seu

SOLVED
Go to solution
vofsky
Frequent Advisor

SOS,rp8420+seu

When I power on the rp8420 and its SEU ,I can see the 4 partition but the "run" LED of SEU is not light!Is it correct?
Any advice is appreciated!Thank you!
6 REPLIES 6
Nico Schockaert
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hello,

The "run"-led will only be on when one or moer partitions are running.

It will be off when no partitions are running, or the MP is not installed, or the MP is installed and not active.

Hope this helps,

Nico
vofsky
Frequent Advisor

Thank you for your reply and now I can load os on the partition 0,1(this server has been divided 4 partitions),I can not enter the partition 2,3.
When I issued the command "PE" ,the system indicated the power status of 4 partitions was on!
I can not get the status of partition 2,3.but I can issue command "PS" for the status of partition 0,1.
Could you give me some advice?Thank you in advance!
Iain Ashley
Trusted Contributor

What is the status of the partitions in the VFP?
Iain Ashley
Trusted Contributor

Also, send the output of parstatus on one of the running partitions
Nico Schockaert
Trusted Contributor

Hello,

Be sure you have the "HP rx8620, rx7620 and SEU Firmware Version 2.00". There are some issues solved with the power status.

Hope it will help,

Nico
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

I assume that you have a core I/O for each partition. Two core I/O cards in the rp8420 and two in the SEU are needed for four hard partitions. Did you have four DVD drives attached, or did you plan to IGNITE over the network? Each core I/O card has its own local console port, GigE, Management processor LAN and SCSI port. You need a disk drive or path to a disk drive for each partition, so maybe you can tell us more about your configuration. If you didn't put a disk in each disk bay in the rp8420 and SEU, and are not booting from a external FC or SCSI path, then you need to make sure that there is a disk in the the slot for each partition.
Mom 6