SS_CONFIG

Ernest_5

SS_CONFIG

In another post, the question was asked:
> I have changed the motherboard of SMS-system
> and I need to update Ser.Num.
> I need a tool, named "SSCONFIG"to convert
> lockword.
Is that the same for all HP9000 servers? Is this info (SWID) stored on the PAL chip in the K4x0? Does it also affect the Smart Storage Enclosure?

TIA
3 REPLIES 3
Sundar_7
Honored Contributor

Re: SS_CONFIG

I cannot tell you if it affects Smart Storage Enclosure or not.

I believe SS_CONFIG can be used to change the model number and also to set the SWID.

SPU ID is used by some vendors to link the software license to a specific node. SPU ID is basically derived from the CPU on the system.So, if you change the motherboard , in order not to break the software licenses installed in your system, you need to run SS_CONFIG and set the SWID.

# /opt/ifor/ls/bin/i4target -v

This will tell you the SPU ID.
Learn What to do ,How to do and more importantly When to do ?
Cheryl Griffin
Honored Contributor

SS_CONFIG is a restricted utility that only an HP CE has access to run. You will need to contact HP Hardware Support for help.
"Downtime is a Crime."
Ernest_5

I am aware of the restriction HP has placed on this utility. I am looking to see where in my environment I may run into this problem that requires me to call HP service for them to work their magic...

I thought I remembered something where replacing a component of the SMART Storage Array caused me to lose access to all the data on it... maybe it was firmware. Hmmm.

I also have a K460 that will need systemboard replacement and was wondering if just the PAL could be moved or if HP needs to come to change the SWID.