New Discussion юеВ

Server Shutdown. with error FLT 7D03..

SOLVED
Go to solution
Joaquin_13
Advisor

Server Shutdown. with error FLT 7D03..

Hi guys,

Does any have an idea what does the FLT 7D03 error messege for?In my case, one of our server encountered this error & i couldn't access the server anymore even direct console to the server so It'll leave as no choice but to performed hard boot. Badly need your help with this error..
7 REPLIES 7
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: Server Shutdown. with error FLT 7D03..

If this is a D class machine, then check out this page:
http://www2.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/search.do?category=c0&mode=text&searchString=flt+7d03&search.x=0&search.y=0&searchCrit=allwords&docType=Security&docType=Patch&docType=EngineerNotes&docType=BugReports&docType=Hardware&docType=ReferenceMaterials&docType=ThirdParty

7D03 - Dx50/Dx60 only, MSI read time-out (HPMC, caused by an invalid memory address)

If you have hardware support contract, contact HP about this as it is most likely a hardware problem related to RAM.
Devender Khatana
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

It is a HPMC caused due to memory problems. You shall log a case with HP and get the defective parts replaced.

Now if you try to boot the machine it may provide some more detailed information on the console. From PDC menu you can check "info all"
for detailed hardware information, it might show some of the memory problems.

Just a thought.

HTH,
Devender
Impossible itself mentions "I m possible"
twang
Honored Contributor

I have an experience about FLT error when I was working in my previous company. This error occurred on a HP9000 D390 server because of main board failure. Contact HP for a part replacement if it has a valid contract.
Joaquin_13
Advisor

do you know where can i get such logs. I'm not that familiar with the HPMC...

thank's & regards..
Devender Khatana
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Are you be able to boot the system now? while booting if it is still experiencing some problems then these will be displayed on console. If it is botting properly now it means that was a interminent problem but could reoccur anytime again. Only HP can diagnose the fault with some logs related to HPMC faults. Did you got some errors in /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log & /var/opt/resmon/log/event.log. Get a case logged with HP and let them find the fault.

HTH,
Devender
Impossible itself mentions "I m possible"
Joaquin_13
Advisor

As of now, our server did boot & seems back to normal, but we don't know if & sure the same problem might occur on the future. In the Generated syslog, i've already examined the logs ON & BEFORE the boot up , but the logs doesn't make any sense. It only implies on the mails sent from the other domains. During the restart i didn't see any unusual error but of course the FS check & repair since I was forced to shut it down in the hard way.... Well if that would be the solution then we'll just ask for support from HP....

thank's guys..
Kent Ostby
Honored Contributor

Joaquin.

More than likely this error will re-occur.

The MSI read timeouts are sometimes HW caused and sometimes SW caused (SW can cause it because a bug in a HW driver can be passed to the HW and this causes an error).

In general, you will want to gather the /var/tombstones/ts99 file, swlist -l product output, and Q4 output from the crashdump (go through the steps of the using_q4 document OZBEKBRC00000611 )

Best regards,

Oz
"Well, actually, she is a rocket scientist" -- Steve Martin in "Roxanne"