1753707 Members
5236 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Settting up Console on rp7420

Kim_18
Advisor

Settting up Console on rp7420

I have some old V class teststations available and want to know if these can be set up as consoles on the rp7420's and if so, how would go about setting these up.
3 REPLIES 3
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Kim,

You should be able to use any computer that has an RS232 (aka Serial port) as console for your rp7420. Personally though, I will just use the LAN port of the MP of the rp8420 since the Connsole I think is only accessible via the MP anyway.

The MP on the rp line of servers can be connected bia serial (RS232), modem or network (LAN)...

Hakuna Matata.
Abhijit P.
Valued Contributor

Hi Kim,

Let know what excatly is the need to use the a machine as a console.

You have a MP lan with the system and you can you use it from anywhere by telneting it.

Anyways still you can use the teststation by connecting it with serial cable however it is best to use MP lan as a console.

Regards,
Abhijit

Kim_18
Advisor

Thanks for the input - I guess I will hook these up with the serial cable. I was not sure if I could connect them on there own seperate lan or not and how to do that. I use the MP because the systems are all in different states but the computer operations managers want big screen consoles for their staff to look at without logging into the MP.