HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1753656 Members
5807 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Sorry, the maximum number of active Web sessions has been reached. Please try again later.

SOLVED
Go to solution

Sorry, the maximum number of active Web sessions has been reached. Please try again later.

Hi,

I have 2 rp3440 servers. I used to generally enter the MP using the web SSL console. recently when I tried to access the same, I got an error message stating "Sorry, the maximum number of active Web sessions has been reached. Please try again later." I can still telnet into the MP of my server. But for the operations team, it would be much simpler if I can get the WEB access going again. I have tried restarting the server, but that does not seem to help. I want to restart the MP or GSP but i am not physically present near the data center and if I remember correctly there is no easily accessible GSP reset switch on the rp34** series. Opening up the server is not an option currently. I tried telnetting into the MP and tried to disconnect any web users, but it showed up that no one was currently connected.

Any takers for this.

sid
4 REPLIES 4
rick jones
Honored Contributor

Re: Sorry, the maximum number of active Web sessions has been reached. Please try again later.

I could have sworn there was an MP reset command one could issue without having to be present. I do recall that when I was doing some MP config stuff on some rx1600's that changing (IIRC) the network config caused them to go through a reset.

I wonder if the MP firmware suffers from the age-old "FIN_WAIT_2" problem and the web clients are using abortive TCP closes (RST's) rather than the "right" thing?

Anyway, checking for a latest MP firware patch might not be a bad idea.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows

Re: Sorry, the maximum number of active Web sessions has been reached. Please try again later.

Thanks for the heads up on the firmware upgrade rick... i think the command for resetting the MP is something like stty +resetGSP or something along the same lines... tried that already and all i got was "cannot reset GSP"... ill probably try upgrading the MP firmware and check again

rick just to get some more insight if i am missing something over here... what is the "right thing" you are referring to?
rick jones
Honored Contributor
Solution

some clients use an abortive close of their TCP connections. this sends a TCP RST segment, which is not retransmitted, so if lost, the other side willnever see it and potentially sit there for a very long time. the proper thing is to use a graceful close, which uses a FIN segment which is retransmitted if lost.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows