9451 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Sudden Reboot

nibble
Super Advisor

Andrew,
Yes, its a A3639B. Ive replace cpu06 last night and this noon, it rebooted again. The processor sees 8 cpu's now.

In terms of processor trim card, i could not see any A3639-60026 or 27 in stm so I guess there's none.

Can you give me more information about this bug in B rev boards?
tkc
Esteemed Contributor

the trim card is to isolate the cpu from some interference, i guess, when they are too close to each other. since it has happened to cpu 6, it might happen again if no trim card is installed. check with hp regarding this.
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

there is little info regarding the trim card available.

you can check this thread for abit more info

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=903411

and if you search the forums here you will find some more simialr threads. It basically smoothes the signal somehow to the system board. but there isnt much on the card itself in way of components.

Hp did offer to install it free at some point when they were under support if it was needed. But you can still buy them and are not that expensive.

see the attached picture

Andy
nibble
Super Advisor

Hi andrew, I really appreciated your reply and its seems this problem is leading to this trim card installation. if you may, can you post again the trim card image? i have difficulty downloading/viewing them. also, if have an image of the trim card thats already attached to the board, i will highly appreciate it. ive searched the internet a lot and i could not really see it.
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi nibble,

ive shrunk it abit so try again, its a .JPG image

I dont have a pic at the moment of the card installed in s system. but you should see it if you look in the box.

from the front its location is the back left corner. It can either be this type of board or a smaller type module with a white top. Ill try and get a pic of this type for you if i can aswell.

or if you just see a big connector with nothing plugged in then you dont have it installed.

Andy
nibble
Super Advisor

Thanks to all.