1753386 Members
5734 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SuperDome configuration - how to display

S.Rider
Regular Advisor

SuperDome configuration - how to display

I have a SuperDome with multiple npars with multiple vpars. I would like to get a summary/inventory of the entire complex, memory/cpu/hba's/lan cards/etc. How can I get this ?
Ride Boldly Ride, but watch out for El Dorado's
4 REPLIES 4
Ron Irving
Trusted Contributor

Re: SuperDome configuration - how to display

When logged in as 'root', type parstatus. By default, it will assume the '-a' option for 'all'. That should give you alot of information.

Hope this helps.

ron
Should have been an astronaut.
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

for HBA and lan cards issue ioscan command and track its the complex/partition thorugh the h/w path it reports.
Mridul Shrivastava
Honored Contributor

As mentioned above parstatus o/p will give you the details about the NPARs, like.. how many npars present, no. of cells in a NPAR and No of I/O Chassis and the cells they are connected to.

Similarly if you need details about the vpars execute "vparstatus -v", This will give you the details about the no. of CPUs, Memory and I/O for the vpars.

However if you need to collect the other details like LAN cards, FC cards etc that you need to collect for individual partitions by checking the ioscan -fn command o/p. CPU, memory information is available in partstatus and vparstatus commands itself.
Time has a wonderful way of weeding out the trivial
S.Rider
Regular Advisor

As I had already discovered, parstatus / vparstatus didn't give me the level of detail I needed for everything. I combined them with some stuff from SysInfo, some from ioscan, and a little bit of sysrev and they were happy.
Thanks for the ideas.
Ride Boldly Ride, but watch out for El Dorado's