New Discussion юеВ

Re: System booting problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
VVS
Regular Advisor

System booting problem

Hi All
We have test server. After giving shutdown -r command, we loss the connction to the server through PUTTY and the server also dont have the console. The server indicator shows attention Signal also the Run indicator is green
The server is 9000/800/A400-6X

Please provide me solution.

Thanks
Work is life, you know, and without it, there's nothing but fear and insecurity.
18 REPLIES 18
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

>>After giving shutdown -r command, we loss the connction to the server through PUTTY

Well, yes. If you were connected via 'telnet' or 'ssh' then your connection would have been dropped when the server rebooted. That is expected behavior.

Have you tried reconnecting to the server via your PUTTY client? Are you able to reconnect?
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

not what you want to hear im sure but you could do with a local console on it really. It may not have the autoboot/search flag set at pdc for example and cannot boot. waiting for operator intervention.

you need to find out at what stage the server is at aswell as why the attn light is on, could just be a warning after the reboot, as you lost the lan connection. can you get to the GSP even over that lan connection?

have you tried re-connecting to the server again with putty?

Andy
YAQUB_1
Respected Contributor

Hi Vasu,

>>> After giving shutdown -r command, we loss the connection to the server through PUTTY.
==> Basically Ur login as a telnet through LAN IP, that why when server is reboot that time U disconnect. But if Ur login as MP/SGP LAN IP that time U did not disconnect.

BTW, now U try to connect through LAN IP U can connected or not, if U successfully connected then Ur problem solved or if U can access then U check through MP/GSP LAN then execute below command
1. login MP/GSP LAN
2. MP>vfp ------ (check current status)
3. MP>co ------- (check OS is boot up)

Thanks--Yaqub
I am a Customer Advocate!!!
VVS
Regular Advisor

Hi all
first thanks for your valuable feedback.
I have lost Putty after server reboot.
Even PING to the syatem also fails. What to do in such condition?
How to login throgh MP/GSP LAN?

Thanks all

Work is life, you know, and without it, there's nothing but fear and insecurity.
YAQUB_1
Respected Contributor

Hi Vasu,

check the below URL site:-
http://docs.hp.com/en/AB464-9003C/ch03s07.html

Thanks--Yaqub
I am a Customer Advocate!!!
VVS
Regular Advisor

Hi all of you again
We get the console of the server.
But it goes to bcheckrc prompt. We dont know anything about this prompt. I have attched the screenshot of the same.

Another issue is , the server has two network card connected. We first use IP address as 172.16.6.20 But when I entered the GSP Prompt, it shows IP address as 172.16.7.10?

We cannot boot the server.

Plesae provide me the solution
Khairy
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

hi vasu,

something wrong with your vg00?

Looks like you use hyperterminal to access the GSP. To confirm whether you are in GSP, press Ctrl-B.

You will see GSP prompt (GSP>).

To reset the server and answer y.
GSP> rs

The server will then reset and booting up. When its enter BCH, press any button to stop it.

Boot the system.
bch> b

Answer y to interact with ISL. Boot into singleuser mode.
isl> hpux -is

if everything OK, you will be prompt #.

activate vg00
# vgchange -a y vg00

Mount all the filesystem
# mount -a

If everything is Ok, then go to multiusermode.
# init 3

If not, determine which problematic fs and fsck.

Rgds
VVS
Regular Advisor

Thnks Khairy
We follow your procedure & get the system up & running.
Now How we can get the GSP console of the system? Because when we have taken the telnet of GSP IP address it ask for GSP login name & password and we dont know the same. So can you please help us out to reset GSP username and password.

Thanks in advance for your reply
YAQUB_1
Respected Contributor

Hi Vasu,

MP/iLO/GSP Resetting Local User Accounts and Passwords to Default Values

Check the URL site:--
http://docs.hp.com/en/5991-6006/ch02s03.html