1753798 Members
7804 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: T600 8 Gb memory carrier

frank fraveletti_3
Occasional Contributor

T600 8 Gb memory carrier

After rebirth of a T600 I attempted to install a new 8Gb memory tray in slot 12.. I first install 4 gbs into the tray and there was no problem.. Bought 4 more Gbs of memory to go into the tray and all that I get is memory errors. replaced all the memory in banks 5-6-7-8 still get memory errors. Replaced memory carrier and currently still getting memorys at boot time.. There is no problems if I just use half of the carrier.. HELP ANYONE
4 REPLIES 4
Joshua Scott
Honored Contributor

What specific errors are you getting?

Are you able to boot into HPUX in spite of the memory errors?
What are the chances...
frank fraveletti_3
Occasional Contributor

No I can not get into HPUX... I think that I need to do a low level config of the memory at the SP prompt....

frank
ross martin_2
Advisor

You may need to check your firmware revision -- I believe you need 602 or 605 to go above 3.75GB.

Also, the placement in the memory slots is critical -- check the Add-On Memory Manual for help -- Check for Memory Rules:
http://docs.hp.com/hpux/pdf/A1809-90005.pdf

Hope this helps,

Ross

Retired HP
Angus Crome
Honored Contributor

Without knowing the specific errors, it could be any number of problems;

1) It could be the carrier.
2) It could be the new memory (might not work, might not truly be compatible).
3) It could be a firmware issue.
4) It may be that you need to go into Service Mode (Service Processor) and setup the additional memory on the board. I believe that it would auto-setup when a new board was added, but additions to that board required manual intervention. I stopped dealing with T-Class about 10 months ago, so I am a bit fuzzy.
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't - Author Unknown