1751972 Members
4687 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Two Consoles

McKesson SystemCare UNI
Occasional Advisor

Two Consoles

I need to set up 2 consoles on one system. Primary and Secondary. Can someone tell me what needs to be done to accomplish this?
5 REPLIES 5
KapilRaj
Honored Contributor

Re: Two Consoles

i don't think this is possible. You may have an additional tty using a mux port

Kaps
Nothing is impossible
Victor Fridyev
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If your computer supports LAN console (A180, A-classs, L-class and later), you can use as a secondary a telnet connection to LAN console.

HTH
Entities are not to be multiplied beyond necessity - RTFM
Thayanidhi
Honored Contributor

If you are LAN console(s) over GSP/MP, only one can have read/write access at a time.

Regds
TT
Attitude (not aptitude) determines altitude.
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

You really need to identify the HP 9000 model you have. There are more than one hundred models since the first HP 9000 model 840, circa 1984-1985. A dual console can be implemented in a number of ways depending on the HP 9000 model. New servers have a built-in multi-access port called the LAN console. Any number of users may logon to the LAN console with only one getting write-access. Write-access may be requested by different users.

For older models without a LAN console, you can use the modem port as a second serial access point. You'll need to provide the appropriate cable and terminal so the processor can see the modem port as active.

Still another alternative is to use Xwindows and start hpterm windows with the -C option. xterm and dtterm can also run in this manner,

Finally, there are several Linux and MSwindows-based solutions that can share terminal windows. Check out Raritan and Cyclades for terminal (not KVM) concentrators.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Nguyen Anh Tien
Honored Contributor

I think you need config LAN console first!!
1. Connect you Laptop to RS232 Console port
2. Set IP for LAN console( GSP or MP)
3. Connect to LAN console by using IP
that's all
tienna
HP is simple