Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS for HP9000/N clas

Farid Feknous
Frequent Advisor

UPS for HP9000/N clas

Hi guys

I want to purchase a new UPS (HP R5500 XR High Voltage Rack UPS)to support a cluster of two nodes N -class running HPUX 11.0
an option is there to order an snmp/serial or
serial Six por card.
What do you recommand? I know for the snmp works fine for HP Proliant but is it compatible with HPUX is there any client software for HPUX Server.

Regards.
Farid.
Djamil
3 REPLIES 3
Chris Vail
Honored Contributor

Re: UPS for HP9000/N clas

My own recommendation would be to NOT use the HP UPS's at all, but to use American Power Conversion UPS's. Their PowerChute software is pretty good. You can control it with serial or buy the optional NIC card for it. Either way you won't lose. I've always liked the optional temperature/humidity sensor. Some of their units are scalable: just add battery packs for extra runtime or more servers. Powerchute runs on a variety of platforms--Unix and M$.
Any dealer can order these, or go online to http://www.apcc.com.

Chris
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

If I remember correctly, the N-class needs 3000 Watts, so two would be 6000 Watts. Watts and VA ratings are not the same, so I think the r5500 might not have the power you need. I suggest that you doublecheck with your HP rep. One r5500 for each might be necessary.
Mom 6
Highlighted
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi there.
We have a cluster of two N4000.
These nodes have external disk arrays attached and a tape library.
So what we did was to put a HP R5500 to each node to cover all needs. This works from year 2000 up to present.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"