1752782 Members
5966 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: UPS

Tuan Nguyen
Regular Advisor

UPS

I am connecting the Power Trust UPS to a K370 running 10.20. I went into SAM to activate the ups_mond. I got this message from syslog.log "/usr/lbin/ups_mond: terminated by signal 15". Anyone has any idea?
7 REPLIES 7
Stephen Keane
Honored Contributor

What does your /etc/ups_conf
contain?

Do you have an uncommented ups entry in /etc/initab?

Do you have a device file /dev/tty1p0 (or whatever is listed in your /etc/ups_conf file)?

If so, does it have an entry like

crw--w--w- 1 bin bin 1 0x010000 Sep 20 16:20 /dev/tty1p0
Tuan Nguyen
Regular Advisor

Stephen,

I got it running now. Thanks. However, do you know of any UPS monitoring software that will work with PowerTrust and Deltec UPSes? This K370 has the PowerTrust UPS and the K420 has a Deltec UPS. I need to monitor these UPSes. Please help.

Thanks
Stephen Keane
Honored Contributor

HP do their own Monitor/iX software which works with PowerTrust UPS, not sure if it works with Deltec though UPS.
Tuan Nguyen
Regular Advisor

How do I get this Monitor/ix software? Is it a free download?

Tuan
Cheryl Griffin
Honored Contributor

Monitor/iX will not work for you.
Note the iX - that's a clue that it is for MPE/iX which runs on HP3000s. A K370 is an HP9000.

Introducing the UPS and UPS Monitor/iX Software
http://docs.hp.com/en/32650-90854/ch03s04.html
"Downtime is a Crime."
Tuan Nguyen
Regular Advisor

Cheryl,

So, how am I going to monitor the Powertrust A2997A from the K370? I tried to install LanSafe III but it does not have PowerTrust UPS type. What do I do? Please help. I need to get this resolved for the upcoming audit.

Thank you,

Tuan
Cheryl Griffin
Honored Contributor

10.20 is long out of support so finding software might be difficult. You have to have compatible UPS hardware and ups software. For the A2997A the software product "HP UPS Manager II" would have been used.
"Downtime is a Crime."