108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

USB card for N class

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stephen Nelson
Occasional Contributor

USB card for N class

Anyone know if there exists a PCI USB card for a N class machine? I know there is a video card with 2 USB slots, but our idea is to hook up an external USB hard drive for doing data exchanges. Any idea if this is possible??
6 REPLIES 6
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: USB card for N class

Not possible as far as I know.

The only use for USB in HP-UX products is keyboard and mouse. HP has not developed any other USB drivers for HP-UX that I know of.
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

No, usb devices are not supported for the 9000's apart from mouse and keyboard with the graphics options. These are primarily used on the workstations aswell.
I would imagine that usb support will come for the workstations before the servers aswell.

Andy
rick jones
Honored Contributor

I would suggest that anyone wanting to see USB mass storage under HP-UX submit their Enhancement Requests ASAP so the planners know of its importance.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
Stephen Nelson
Occasional Contributor

I have never done this... Do you have a link or a quick procedure on how to submit this???

Thank!
rick jones
Honored Contributor

I would presume the instructions came along with the rest of the info on any support contracts purchased.

Otherwise, there may be some link off of ITRC somewhere for stuff from folks w/o contracts but I've never had to find one myself.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Well...I would disagree with Andrew somewhat.
Local, graphical displays needing USB input for mouse & KB were certainly supported on L-class & lower systems.
But never on N-class & higher.
They were simply *never* envisioned to be "workstations".

My $0.02,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!