******* Unexpected HPMC/TOC. Processor HPA FFFA2000 *******

SOLVED
Go to solution
Robert T. Lott
Advisor

******* Unexpected HPMC/TOC. Processor HPA FFFA2000 *******

CRENDI2D CompID: CRENDI2D
EDMS Alert Ref#: HP-0060

I've attached my ts99 is this a software or hardware????
Thx

7 REPLIES 7
ESC Team
Advisor

Re: ******* Unexpected HPMC/TOC. Processor HPA FFFA2000 *******

Hi Robert,
What type of system is this? Also could you please load the ts99 file in plain text?

Regards
Iain Ashley
ESC Team
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

you have a hardware problem.
Log a call with your local HP Response Centre
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Kent Ostby
Honored Contributor
Solution

Robert --

Generally speaking when you have this kind of problem, you can look at the last line of the /etc/shutdownlog file.

If there is a line that indicates an isr.ior issue then its either hardware or its a ServiceGuard TOC.

You can look at the file ts99 that you posted here and if you have a valid timestamp from about the time of the failure (keeping in mind that these are usually in GMT) then you had a hardware problem.

If there is no timestamp or a very old timestamp in ts99 then the isr.ior indicates that you likely had a ServiceGuard TOC (assuming you have ServiceGuard on your system).

Given this ts99 file, you do need to open a call with HP to have the file looked at.

You may also want to run either Q4 or crashinfo against the dump in case that could be of some use as well.
"Well, actually, she is a rocket scientist" -- Steve Martin in "Roxanne"
Charlie_17
Advisor

Hi Robert,

looks like this is an old HPMC as the timestamps in the ts99 are from April 2003...

This system should be a K370, K380, K570 or K580, right?

So when did the system crash / boot? Is it recently? Then it oviously was not due to HW as the ts99 contains old info.

Check the /etc/shutdownlog. In case it shows a Reboot after Panic you may want to check in /var/adm/crash whether there is a dump available (in case you configured the dump correctly and have enough space for it).
You should the call HP Support to have your dump analyzed.

Hope this helps,
Charly
Time flies like an arrow -- fruit flies like a banana
Robert T. Lott
Advisor

Thx a lot for your help guys...

Kent Ostby
Can you explain to me a little bit about isr.ior and ServiceGuard TOC (transfer of control)
Generally speaking when you have this kind of problem, you can look at the last line of the /etc/shutdownlog file.

If there is a line that indicates an isr.ior issue then its either hardware or its a ServiceGuard TOC.

Charlie, what commands do I run to check the shutdownlog
Check the /etc/shutdownlog. In case it shows a Reboot after Panic you may want to check in /var/adm/crash whether there is a dump available (in case you configured the dump correctly and have enough space for it).
You should the call HP Support to have your dump analyzed.

Hope this helps,
Charly
B.Suresh

HI

Please give the solution for the below problem

"UNEXPECTED HPMC/TOC. Processor HPA oxFFFA2000

Plese give the reply as soon as possible.

Regards
B. Suresh
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>B. Suresh: Please give the solution for the below problem

Have you read the replies above about being a hardware problem or ServiceGuard?

In any case, you should create your own thread and include a link to this one, so you can assign points.