HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1753760 Members
4748 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrading firmware on a D270 to HPUX11i

Upgrading firmware on a D270 to HPUX11i

Hi,

I am in the process of upgrading a D270 from 10.20 to 11i. I have chekc the installation guide and it is a supported config. Although I cannot find a frimware release for a D270. Can anyone help me? It there a firmware guide anywhere?
Which does not kill you only makes you stronger
6 REPLIES 6
malvin drakley
Esteemed Contributor

Helen French
Honored Contributor

If you have HP support on these systems, ask their help. They have a bootable CD which contains almost all latest firmwares.

You can also check the ITRC patch center and look for latest firmwares.
Life is a promise, fulfill it!
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

The latest firmware is actually 42.11. If you have a DAT drive, it's very easy to install firmware yourself.

http://www1.itrc.hp.com/service/patch/patchDetail.do?BC=patch.breadcrumb.search|&patchid=PF_CULU4211&context=firmware:cpu
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Hi Robert,

The latest Dx70 firmware is 42.11 & is available here:

http://www2.itrc.hp.com/service/patch/patchDetail.do?BC=patch.breadcrumb.main|patch.breadcrumb.search|&patchid=PF_CULU4211&context=firmware:cpu

Defininitely recommended (probably required) if you're going to 11.11. Also remember that the D-class will only be able to run 32-bit 11.x

HTH,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Actually, a D270, because it has a PA-8000 processor, can run either 32- or 64-bit HP-UX 11.x. However, if you need to you ANY EISA cards in your D-box then be aware that any EISA is ONLY supported at 32-bit.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Yep Clay - I always confuse just which D can or cannot run 64-bit & it's the CPU that determines that.

I now remember that any D *less* than ?70 is 32-bit because they don't have the PA8000.
So like a D350 or a D320 can't, but a D280 can.

Thanks for the clarification.

Rgds,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!