New Discussion юеВ

V-Class and Disk Problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Emil Henry
Regular Advisor

V-Class and Disk Problem

Hello!

We got a donation of a V-Class (2200) that did include the teststation, but not disks. We connected a Jamica (A3312A) to the server. We are trying to install the OS and having a hard time seeing the external disks. If all the SCSI cards (Diff) are terminated, the machine sees the CD-ROM and tape when I do a SEArch. If I connect the disks, I get the following: "SCSI device timeout. no response after selection. sdid 4 resetting SCSI bus". I am not sure how to proceed. Please advice.

Regards,

Emil
2 REPLIES 2
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: V-Class and Disk Problem

The V-class needed in-line terminated cables, and special ones that could handle the tight turning radius. Not sure of the part number, but it may be A3401A with option 851, 871, 873 or 875.
Mom 6
Emil Henry
Regular Advisor

Re: V-Class and Disk Problem

Hi Ted!

Thanks for the info. After I didn't get any response from the forum, I started looking around and found an old document that has info about the configurations that you can buy the V-Class with. There was a note about the in-line terminators, and I did try it out Fri. afternoon, and it worked. Your post confirms what I found.

Regards,

Emil