HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1748169 Members
4138 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

V-class attention lights

Steven Schwartz_1

V-class attention lights

I apologize for being blind, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get the attention light bar on a V-class server here to stop blinking. The machine is (apparently) fine, but refuses to stop blinking.

If someone could point me to where I've missed this in the documentation, I'd much appreciate it.
4 REPLIES 4
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Re: V-class attention lights

pj_11
Super Advisor

Hello,

Try this command pce_util -n 0 -r 1.I hope it helps you.

PJ
Bill Colley
Frequent Advisor

Steve,

Generally the light bar on a V-Class system is flashing for a reason and will continue until it has been resolved.
On the test station in a shell window you can run the following.
The pce_util 0 ,if this is a V22X0, will give you the info you need.
Look at the hex code which is under the leds in the output. It starts 0x then two digits.
The two digits are why it is flashing.
Do a man on "leds" and you can see all the possible codes. Find the match to what is displayed and you have why the led bar is flashing.

Bill

Hi, there
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

If the V-class is a V2500 or a V2600, someone may have used the sppdsh command "blink " on the SPP console workstation. It allows to toggle the lightbar to blinking mode for physical identification: kind of like the UID LED in the newer hardware.

If the blinking was caused by this command, re-entering the command command will stop it.

One way to issue the command to node 0 (the default node ID) using the SPP workstation:
echo "blink 0" | /spp/bin/sppdsh

If this does not stop the blinking, run the following commands on the SPP workstation:

echo "pce all" | /spp/bin/sppdsh
echo "ds1620 all" | /spp/bin/sppdsh

The first command will display the state of the clocks and power supplies, the second will display the system's temperature limits and the current temperature.

MK
MK