New Discussion юеВ

Re: V2500 DC Power Supply

SOLVED
Go to solution
John Paine
Frequent Advisor

V2500 DC Power Supply

Hi All,
I have a DC PSU gone bad in a V2500 server. Does anyone know whether the PSU is hot swappable or not?

Thanks,
John.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
3 REPLIES 3
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi John,

AFAIK they are not hot swappable. I believe you'll have to schedule some downtime. The lack of hot-swappable assemblies in the Vs was one of the major factors that moved us off them. Heck - even the tape drive is not hot-swappable.
The Vs have 4 "quadrants" IIRC, with a PSU for each. Did you lose the cards in that quadrant?

Rgds,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
John Paine
Frequent Advisor

Hi Jeff,
Thanks for the info - I suspected they weren't but it's about 4 years since I did my V training and couldn't remember!.Didn't lose anything tho as we have the redundancy thing selected on the ENRB.Guess I'll have to find some downtime.

Thanks again for the confirmation.

Regards,
John.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
Bill Colley
Frequent Advisor

John,

Yes, the Node Power supplies are hot swappable in the V2500. You can have up to 4 in a system and with the 4 supplies you get redundancy for a fully loaded system. They supply 48 volts in parallel, so you can lose one and still be fully functional.
System that are not fully loaded may even operate on 2 supplies depending on the number of processor, memory, and io cards are installed in the system.

Thanks,

Bill
Hi, there