HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1753519 Members
4995 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: V2600 scsi adapter LVD or HVD differential scsi? and how find part# for an installed card?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Steve Post
Trusted Contributor

V2600 scsi adapter LVD or HVD differential scsi? and how find part# for an installed card?

When I run ioscan I see my scsi adaptor cards as: "SCSI C875 Fast Wide Differential."

1. Is the "Differential" here is High Voltage or Low Voltage? How can I tell?

2. If I had the part number of the scsi card, I would search on it in the HP site. "SCSI C857 Fast Wide Differential" doesn't sound much like a part number. I don't want take a screwdriver to the V2600 just to read off a part #. Is there a way for me to know the part number in PCI bus slot 0/0/0 without use of a blow-torch, sledge hammer, or crowbar?

18 REPLIES 18
DCE
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: V2600 scsi adapter LVD or HVD differential scsi? and how find part# for an installed card?

Steve,

You can drill down via stm (or cstm) and get the card number

Dave
Steve Post
Trusted Contributor

When I say card number, I mean 0/0/0. I already have that. I'm not looking for that.

I'm looking for something like A12345A. It should be printed on the card. I'm not opening or shutting it down for this number. People are using the box.

I'm looking for this elusive number because I don't know if "Fast Wide Differential SCSI is HIGH or LOW voltage "Fast Wide Differential SCSI".

That's my REAL question. I'm hoping that if I had the part number, I could search on THAT.
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Hi Steve,

Path 0/0/0 is always the "built-in" card path in almost every server including the V-class.
In the V this is also the HBA that the tape drive is hung off.
Look at the PCI cages & the card that has a external SCSI connection that runs a ribbon cable back into the enclosure is the SCSI HBA at address 0/0/0.

HTH,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Oh & as far as I know it's an LVD HBA.

Jeff
DCE
Honored Contributor

Steve,

I just went into STM

I highlighted the device

and did a current device status

This showed me the card part number

Dave
Steve Post
Trusted Contributor

Jeff,
I'm almost positive it is HVA, not LVA. I'm just trying to confirm it.

DCE,
You must have a later version of stm (cstm, mstm). My version is A.44.00 B4708AA. I don't have that ability though. (it would've been nice).

Jeff,
I don't need to know where 0/0/0 is. I don't want to open the box. I want to know if there is a command from the unix prompt to give the part number of the scsi adapter that is sitting at 0/0/0. This question also applies to 1/0/0, 5/1/0, 3/2/0, 3/0/0, 7/2/0, 6/0/0, etc etc etc
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Hi Steve,

HBA = Host Bus Adapter
Not High Voltage Adapter
Although I can't find the info in the HW manuals, I still believe it's a low voltage differential - but I could be wrong.

Cheers,
Jeff
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Steve,

as far as I know "fast wide differential" is always high voltage in a HP9000.

Please run "information" on item "system" within "mstm/xstm", this should give you the part# even on a v-class.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Steve Post
Trusted Contributor

Ok. I give.

The part number is _____.
It's staying that way because my version of stm does NOT tell me the part number. But it should. I understand that.

The part is either high or low voltage...still.

HBA is, and has always been HOST bus adaptor, and not high bus adaptor. I've known that too.

I understand you folks are in fact trying to help me. I DO appreciate that. Really.

So here are my two revised questions:
1. Besides stm (ahem...) or shutting down the box, is there a way to get the HP part number for a card on a HP9000 computer?

2. Is "SCSI C875 Fast Wide Differential" high or low voltage differential. I have 1 for vote for high, and 1 vote for low.

I forgot so say this is hpux11.0.