HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1752720 Members
6298 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: V2600 scsi adapter LVD or HVD differential scsi? and how find part# for an installed card?

SOLVED
Go to solution
DCE
Honored Contributor

Re: V2600 scsi adapter LVD or HVD differential scsi? and how find part# for an installed card?

Steve,

I am running stm A.47.00

On an off chance I also looked at the print_manifest command (available in Ignite - /opt/ignite/bin/print_manifest)

It does list some part numbers, but not all. You might give it a shot.

Dave
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Well...it looks like it bolis down to just which board this is.
I see the following in PartSurfer:

A4800-69002 - which can be any of the following:
A3725A
A5073A
A5074A
A5081A
These are all probably HVD, but are not listed as HVD or LVD - just Ultra-wide Differential

But there is also the following
A5149A
Which is an LVD device - specifically stated as an Ultra2 LVD. And I *think* this is the standard "built-in" HBA for the V-class.

All the above have 68-pin I/Fs - both internal & external.

HTH,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Steve Post
Trusted Contributor

thanks.
That's a good idea about ignite.
Unfortunately it only told me "SCSI C875 Fast Wide Differential". Again.

And those card numbers are the type I'm looking for.

I'm just going to call HP support on it.
I'll put the answer here when I get it.

Once again, thanks for the effort.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Steve,

if there are devices connected to the HBAs, please provide an ioscan -fn output, so we may conclude SCSI type.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Mahesh Kumar Malik
Honored Contributor

Hi Steve

1. LVD SCSI connector is high density type (small size) and HVD differntial is 68 pin connector (similar to parrallel port but bigger than it)

2. cstm or mstm will provide complete details on card product no

Regards
Mahesh
Steve Post
Trusted Contributor

1. High or Low voltage?
Answer: HIGH voltage.

2. Part number is found how?
NOT via ioscan
NOT via stm
NOT via xstm, cstm, mstm
NOT tea leaves, or any pychic mumbo-jumbo.

I pulled off the big plastic panel and READ the part number off the exposed part of the card. It is A4800A. This is a HIGH voltage differential scsi card.
Bill Colley
Frequent Advisor

Steve,

I am getting into this late.

There are two scsi cards for the V-Class system. A4800A which is a HVD and is supported in the V2200/2250 and the V2500/2600 series systems and the A5149A which is the LVD and is supported in the V2500/2600 series only.
There are no built-in scsi HBAs in the V-Class systems. All scsi devices are run off scsi HBAs in one of the io cardcages.
The card you are talking about should be the A4800A HVD HBA installed in the back half of the IOLF card cage.
Hope this info is usefull.

Bill
Hi, there
Florian Heigl (new acc)
Honored Contributor

2. Is "SCSI C875 Fast Wide Differential" high or low voltage differential. I have 1 for vote for high, and 1 vote for low.

-> HIGH voltage differential.
yesterday I stood at the edge. Today I'm one step ahead.
Steve Post
Trusted Contributor

game over.
the question is answered.