108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VGA rp2430s

SOLVED
Go to solution
The Real MD
Valued Contributor

VGA rp2430s

is it possible to install a pci video card in a rp2430 and use that as the console. So I can use a KVM switch to control many rp2430's

regards

Martin.
3 REPLIES 3
G. Vrijhoeven
Honored Contributor

Hi Martin,

Sorry but i can not tell you if it is supported. What i can tell you is that these servers are supplied with a GSP. This is a console that can be directly connected to an ethernet swith. You can use telnet/ssh/web to access it.

HTH,

Gideon
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Martin,

According to the data sheet on the rp2400 line, its states that it does support 2D graphics:

http://www.hp.com/products1/servers/rackoptimized/rp2400/infolibrary/rp2400series_datasheet_final.pdf

And I know for a fact that the rp5400 line supports graphics. The only problem I can think of is the 2430 only has 2 PCI slots & I *think* that the video & I/O cards would consume both of them - hence no expandibility. The 2470 would be a better choice as it has 4 slots.

HTH,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Oh & I should have added that if you use the standard serial console port you can use a simple RS-232 switch and use a standard HP 700/96 terminal to access the console. You just have to get the proper cables. We've done it before & it works fine - just no graphics.

My 2 cents,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!