1748195 Members
3727 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Vclass teststation workaround

okcunix
Advisor

Vclass teststation workaround

Hello All, I'm wondering if anyone is running a Vclass off the "alternate console port" on the server? We're looking at assuming Admin duties of remote (no Sys Admin staff) Vclass servers, and need some way to be able to see console mesgs of the Vclass, that would normally echo out on teststation console window. We don't want to have to depend on "touch labor" (non UNIX) at the site to read us screens, while troubleshooting problems. Want to connect a "terminal server" to the alternate console port on Vclass, need to figure out how to configure it?
4 REPLIES 4
Camel_1
Valued Contributor

try to connect the teststation to the network and than login to the teststation and run sppcon.

okcunix
Advisor

Simon, Thanks for the response. I found the solution in the Operators guide for the Vclass.
It says the same thing, login and run sppconsole.
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Hi Tim,

IF the test stations are connected to the network, why not just log into them & check the logs directly?

The normal console log for the V-class resides on the test station in
/spp/data/'hostname' where hostname is the actual hostname of the V-class The log file is named consolelog0.

If not on the network, then get them on it & remember to lock them down appropriately.

Rgds,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Not that this is a recommended approach, but you can simply attach a terminal to the serial port on the node and get a console like any other server. The problem is that you dont have access to the test station which is really the only way to perform any troubleshooting or diagnostics in the event of a problem.

-Bob
----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!