cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WANTED--Ultra160 SCSI Beta Sites

Ron Lawson_1
Trusted Contributor

WANTED--Ultra160 SCSI Beta Sites

Be the first to test drive the fastest HP 9000 Server connectivity solution!

HP 9000 Server connectivity is always interested in working with customers and partners to help define and test the latest I/O technologies. Currently we have a need for a limited number of beta sites to test the upcoming PCI Ultra160 SCSI adapter.

* To be considered as a beta site you must have available a PCI based HP 9000 server that is NOT in a production environment.

* HP will provide the required drivers, Ultra160 SCSI adapter and if necessary, Ultra160 SCSI disk(s).

Interested parties should contact Brian Lee (brian_lee4@hp.com) for more information.
3 REPLIES 3
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

Re: WANTED--Ultra160 SCSI Beta Sites

just a quick question... what disk is ultra160 compatible and another quick one... on the superdome when setting the rates of scsi cards from the service menu at BCH, there is a setting call Nolimit.. the cards are Ultra 80, but allows to e set to no limit.. what is no limit -- unclocked?

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
paul courry
Honored Contributor

Your request has been laid before the feet of my colleagues.
Ron Lawson_1
Trusted Contributor

Hi Bill,

The DS2100 is one Ultra160-compatible JBOD from HP.

The BCH setting of No Limit tells the system to let the card run at its maxiumum speed. Each card may have a different maximum that it can support. The Ultra160 cards we mentioned above will run at 160 MB/s, the Ultra2 cards will run at 80 MB/s, etc.

Of course, the actual data transfers between an initiator and target are negotiated per the SCSI protocol. But the BCH menu allows you to control the maximum that the initiator will try to negotiate.

You really only need to set the speed to something less than No Limit if you are debugging a connection problem.

Ron Lawson
hp-ux project manager, mass storage