HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1753774 Members
6956 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Warranty Start date updating

Technical Support_5

Warranty Start date updating

When purchasing two new servers I checked the warranty date and it showed the start date to be a year old. I was told that this is something I can update by a warranty card or something that came with the system. I may have thrown this away (dont remember seeing anything of this nature), but the other system purchased at the same time has the proper start date for the warranty. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Incorrect Warranty date

S/N USE519A2M2
P/N 378737-001

Correct Warranty date

S/N USM615035S
P/N 376237-001
4 REPLIES 4
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Technical Support_5

Thanks James for repling so soon. However the first site you listed is how I found out my warranty info was wrong. I dont have a login to the second site.

Maybe I need to provide some more information. We purchased these servers thru resellers not directly from HP. I wanted to figure out if the reseller needed to up the warranty information after they sold it to me or if it was part of a registation procedure that I may have over looked after I received it.

I am basically missing a year of coverage. This server should have a start date in May and it should last into 2009.

S/N USE519A2M2
P/N 378737-001
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi (again):

I would suggest that you contact the party that sold you the server(s) and ask them to correct the information that you feel is wrong. At the time of purchase, all warranties should have been established, in my opinion.

Regards!

...JRF...
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

I agree with James. If the reseller represented these systems as new, then the warranty details must be managed by the reseller. HP gives approved resellers special discounts so they can take care of these details. Any reputable reseller will contact HP and get the warranty details corrected.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin