1753786 Members
7691 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Web Console

Dan Maul
Trusted Contributor

Web Console

Was wondering if any one had some ideas why I can not connect to one of our boxes using the web interface. The box is a L3000/RP5470 with HP-UX 11.i and when I attempt to connect it nevers propmts me for a user name and password. Just a blank screen with a blinking cursor, and will not allow any key board commands.

Thanks for your thoughts!
I always keep a supply of stimulant handy in case I see a snake--which I also keep handy.
10 REPLIES 10
KapilRaj
Honored Contributor

Is getty running on /dev/console ?.

Regds,

Kaps
Nothing is impossible
Bernhard Mueller
Honored Contributor

Try resetting the GSP:

# stty +resetGSP
Regards,
Bernhard
Naveej.K.A
Honored Contributor

serial console or web console?????

a dead or a zombie process for your /dev/console

do a fuser -ku /dev/console and try whether you get a login screen..

If you are using a web interface, you get to connect to IP address of the GSP interface, a lan cable has to be plugged into the RJ45 connector on the GSP card.

regds
Naveej
practice makes a man perfect!!!
Joshua Scott
Honored Contributor

What exact steps are you using to connect?

Josh
What are the chances...
Dan Maul
Trusted Contributor

I connect using a web interface by typing in the ip address of the web console. It brings up the console but does not do anything else, ie asks for a user name and password nor does it allow me to type any commands. Have tried control B & ^Ecf. No luck.
I always keep a supply of stimulant handy in case I see a snake--which I also keep handy.
Joshua Scott
Honored Contributor

I may be wrong, but I think that you have to specify the port number (8080 by default, i think) in order to connect.

Josh
What are the chances...
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Do you have java enabled on the browser ?

Hope this helps.

Regds
Dan Maul
Trusted Contributor

Sanjay, Yes I do have java enabled. As a matter of fact I updated to version 1.4.2_04 build b05
Robert True
Frequent Advisor

My web consoles stopped working also. Contacted CSS but no help, although they did suggest changing the java scripting settings in the browser as mentioned above. Finially discovered a really old version of netscape (4.75 i think) will still work. Like you too, I had upgraded to a newer version of java.

The machine with the netscape 4.75 is running an older version of java, but I can't give you the rte version at the present time.

Rt.