5955 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Web console login probelm

BAUKnight
Frequent Advisor

Web console login probelm

Dear all,
I was trying to use the web console of HP 9000 series RISC server, i can telent the console over netwrok, but when i visit the URL of the web console i get rabish output, attached is a pircture indicating my telnet access and my LAN console settings, with a snapshot of the web console output.
Please advice with the any possible cause and solution.

thx for your co-operation.
4 REPLIES 4
Sizhuk Vitaly(ru)
Occasional Advisor

see seting in IE?
Privacy
security
and advanced..
Doru Iulian Barit
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
You have an error in IE?
Just simply try telnet 172.20.1.4 80 to view if exist any connectivity.
Check if exist a firewall or a network restriction between console and remote machine.

If not just add your remote console to trusted site list in IE.
DCE
Honored Contributor

I have run across Corporate configuration issues with I.E. where corporate enforced customizations of I.E. cause it to not work properly with the secure console.

If you can, download netscape or mozilla and connect using the vanilla copy of one of those apps - it should work fine
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

The "port number" of the LS listing is a bit misleading.

When connecting to the Web console, you should point your browser to the standard port - i.e. port 80. From there, the GSP processor will send your browser a Java applet, which performs the real console connection using port 2023 (or whatever port you've chosen).

It appears that you've tried to connect directly to the port 2023. It does not work that way.
The communication between the console Java applet and the GSP processor on port 2023 is encrypted, so your browser cannot use the port 2023 without the Java applet.

I seem to recall that this "encryption" is not very strong: it is mainly enough to prevent casual snooping. Remember that the Java applet is transferred in cleartext and it has to have the encryption key in order to access the console...
MK