1752286 Members
4895 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: What firmware rev. for upgrade to 11.11 on N4000-55 server

Mike Keys
Regular Advisor

What firmware rev. for upgrade to 11.11 on N4000-55 server

We are currently running rev. 41.02 PDC on a N4000-55 server with HP-UX 11.00 installed. We need to upgrade to 11.11(i) for an application upgrade. Do I need to upgrade the PDC to rev. 42.06 before doing so?

Also, I tried to upgrade the PDC the other night. The patch install went fine. Server auto rebooted and I interrupted the boot process to run a 'bo pri' command to check that the primary boot path had remained unchanged. I then hit 'R' to perform a system reset. The system rebooted but it appears that the PDC firmware update did not occur.

Did I screw it up by performing the reset?

Mike Keys
3 REPLIES 3
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

HP-UX 11i Version 1 Installation and Update Guide
http://docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/5187-3614/5187-3614.html

When you upgrade PDC via a patch it is not recommended to interrupt the system. There are some things that it does when it boots, and I believe that it tells you at some point not to interurpt the boot. You should read the "Special Installation Instructions" in the PH*.txt file to determine what exactly you need to do.
Saurav_1
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Pls confirm once again. After reboot a latest "ts" file has got created in /var/tombstones file system. pls confirm the version of the PDC from the cat output of this file. Upgrade of the PDC is not required as far as I think. But in case of upgradation of OS. Dont take risks. Take care of following points.
1) Try to Take full IGNITE backup for all the VGs. USE latest ver. of IGNITE/UX
2) Install The HP-UX 11.11 OS on a fresh New HDD and boot the system with that. so that in case something wrong happens U have everything safe.
3) Install all latest patches. and import the old File systems in which DATA is there.

Saurav