3226 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: after over temp. shutdown

Mustafa Gulercan
Respected Contributor

after over temp. shutdown

hi;
after an over temperature shutdown, i can not turn off the red led.
i checked the Event log from MP port.But red led still flash.
I know it will turn on green after power off.But it is a production system so i can not power off.

any suggestion?

regards;
mustafa
6 REPLIES 6
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

What model server? Which LED is red?

Typically after checking the ERROR logs from MP, the fault light will go off. Be sure you select 'E' for ERROR logs when you do a SL.
mits
Respected Contributor

Firstly, there is no command you can turn off the system RED LED flashing. Reading MP SEL only turns off the system Amber LED flashing. On the other hand, I think you need to check the root cause of the overtemp shutdown rather than worring about the LED flashing. The system will shut the power down again if it experiences the overtemp problem. If the system itself caused the overtemp shutdown, you anyway need to troubleshoot the server hardware and need to turn off the AC power which can tun off the system RED LED flashing.
Mustafa Gulercan
Respected Contributor

hi;
there are some servers,so models are different.9000/800/rp4440,rp3440 and rp8420.

"after checking the ERROR logs from MP, the fault light didn't go off."
i am sure what i select. 'E' for ERROR logs after doing an SL.

to Mits;
i really appreciate you are thinking more than me about my servers. :)
of course i checked all possible problems.
Everything is ok except system's RED LED flashing.

regards;
mustafa

James A. Donovan
Honored Contributor

Did you ever get a reply on how to turn the red led off. we had a power outage and the system shutdown. clearing all logs didn't turn off the light.
Remember, wherever you go, there you are...
Mustafa Gulercan
Respected Contributor

No, there has not been any change.i find the only way is "power off" the server.

Pedro Cosmen
Valued Contributor

Hello Mustafa,

By reading the Errors from MP you don't turn the red led off, just the amber led.

Maybe you have a hardware trouble, read carfully the error to qualify wath's wrong in the system and contact your SE.

Regards.