1753691 Members
5315 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

console on E35

Scott Kremer

console on E35

I just acquired an HP9000 E35 and can't get console on it. It supposed to use the MDP port 0 on the mux (part 5062-3054 with the cable 5062-3074) I know my tty console and serial cable are OK. I took them off a working system. I don't know about the MUX or the cable that goes to the server. I there anything special to do to the server ? Does something need to be reset ?
4 REPLIES 4
Adisuria Wangsadinata_1
Honored Contributor

Re: console on E35

Hi,

You need to do these :
1. check the connection, unplug & plug-in the console from the MDP port 0 and see whether the console back to normal
2. try to put the console in other MDP port (the unused port) and configure it as console on SAM, see whether you can get the console back or not.
- goto SAM
- goto peripheral devices
- goto terminals and modems

Hope this information can help you.

Cheers,
AW
now working, next not working ... that's unix
Scott Kremer

I found the server lying around and I can't get console so I can boot it to install. When I power the system on the lights on the front flash as it run through its POST but nothing appears on the console. The only light on is the run light and its green, but still nothing on the console.
Adisuria Wangsadinata_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Can you try to get the similar console, MDP mux & cable from other system that works ? This to check whether the problem comes from MDP mux, MDP cable or the console itself.

Also try to swap your console to other system, this also to narrow down the investigation.

Hope this information can help you.

Cheers,
AW
now working, next not working ... that's unix
Mahesh Kumar Malik
Honored Contributor

Hi Scott

1. Check whether login prompt is seen on other ports of mux panel.

2. If yes, define any port as console port through SAM

3. If not, mux panel seems to be defective and needs replacement

Regards
Mahesh