4951 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: high voltage DC power

Nabil Boussetta
Frequent Advisor

high voltage DC power

i have an rp5405.
i have shutdown the machine and do electric maintenance.

when reconnecting power cable and restarting the (machine many times) i received a error on GSP menu (VFP). i have disconnected all cables and restarting another time. this time it has restarted correctly

this the error that i receive the first time

***** EARLY BOOT VFP : SYSTEM ALERT *****SYSTEM NAME: svr-testDATE: 09/17/2005 TIME: 12:59:29ALERT LEVEL: 6 = Boot possible, pending failure - action required REASON FOR ALERTSOURCE: 4 = powerSOURCE DETAIL: 4 = high voltage DC power SOURCE ID: 1PROBLEM DETAIL: A = failed or disconnected LEDs: RUN ATTENTION FAULT REMOTE POWER OFF OFF OFF OFF FLASHSystem Power is Off. 0x0020006A4401404F 00000000 00000000 - type 0 = Data Field Unused0x5820086A4401404F 00006908 110C3B1D - type 11 = Timestamp 09/17/2005 12:59:29

should do anything now ?
4 REPLIES 4
Borislav Perkov
Respected Contributor

Hi Nabil,
If it is everything OK and working you shouldn't do anything at all. You maybe have bad contact or something like that when you first time started the machine after maintenance.
Regards,
Borislav
Morcos
Super Advisor

Hi Nabil,
I was checking the message. the Source ID 1 refers to power supply 1. If the system is running ok, and the led of power supply is green, I think you shouldn't do anything.

Hope this helps,
Ziad
Morcos
Super Advisor

Also you can check the status of power supply from GSP.
GSP>ps (power supply status).

Regards,
Ziad
timmy b.
Honored Contributor

Nabil,
This is an expected "error". Your server is letting you know that it has lost power. As stated above, when you plug everything back in ALL your power supplies should have a lit green light on them. (Open the front door, the power supplies are there at the bottom.)

You may very well have an ALERT light lit on your front panel. (It's the amber light, second from the left) This is the system letting you know that it has a stored error. To view this error, hit CTRL B, log in to your gsp (quite often just return, return), type SL (show logs), E (error) and no selection for FILTER. The system will display your accumulated error conditions. As soon as you view the first one, the amber light will go out. You can then hit Q to quit out of the logs, and then CO to go back to CONSOLE mode.

Good Luck - Tim
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand Binary, and those who don't.