HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1753481 Members
5046 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: how to move io from one n par to another n par (rp 8420)

siva baskaran
Regular Advisor

how to move io from one n par to another n par (rp 8420)

Dears,
actually in rp 8420 server there are two cell i mean 2 chassis in 0 chassis there is less network car but there is extra card in chassis 1, now i would like add extra netcard from chassis 1 (that is n par 2) to chassis 0(n par 1 ) each n par has two v par

now actuall thing is that i have to remove from 2 v par( npar 2) to 2 v par (npar 1)

is possible if it's what is systen to do this

thanks
siva
5 REPLIES 5
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

you want to move a LAN card from one npar to another?

just remove the resource from the vpar configuration, shutdown the npar and remove the card. now put the card into the other npar, shutdown the appropriate vpar and do the modification/addition.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
santhanakrishnan_1
Frequent Advisor

HI Siva,

The vpar & npar basics u can't utilize any resourse for vpar's from the other Npar's.U will have down the vpar's & Npar's,remove the card & fix to the other Npar.Then add the resource to Vpar by using Vparmodify cmd
siva baskaran
Regular Advisor

is there any other way which will make us without shutdown, anyway thanks a lot for u r reply

thanks
siva baskaran
m saravanan
Valued Contributor

Hi Siva,

You can remove the I/O cards through OLAR (Online Addition And Replacement)with the OS up & running.

Eventhough u can remove the cards ONLINE through OLAR feature, for adding & deleting the I/O resources from the Vpar, your Vpar has to be down. For details pls see the man page of "vparresources".

Regds,
Saravanan
Mridul Shrivastava
Honored Contributor

Moving card from one n-par to other is not feasible without shutting down the npar.
we have to physically remove it from that npar and install it on the other npar. configuring npar we have to give SBA's, its not like vpar where we assign LBA's to the vpar's.
Time has a wonderful way of weeding out the trivial