HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1751704 Members
5600 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

how to update(or backdate) the firmware of core I/O of rp8400 and CELL PDC of superdome?

SOLVED
Go to solution
stephen peng
Valued Contributor

how to update(or backdate) the firmware of core I/O of rp8400 and CELL PDC of superdome?

dear all,
i need to replace a core I/O of an rp8400, i read in the "remove and replacement" document and it told the firmware of the new core I/O should update or backdate if its firmware does not match the former one. so how could i query the firmware version of the core I/O and how could i update or backdate the firmware?
furthermore, i need some information about Cell PDC firmware update of superdome. could you just present me some hints?

thanks a lot

stephen
2 REPLIES 2
Peter Godron
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: how to update(or backdate) the firmware of core I/O of rp8400 and CELL PDC of superdome?

Stephen,
"RP8400 Installation Guide"
http://docs.hp.com/en/A6434-96014/A6434-96014.pdf
See page 99 for how to check firmware version
Bharath PSB
Advisor

Re: how to update(or backdate) the firmware of core I/O of rp8400 and CELL PDC of superdome?

Do sysrev from MP's command prompt. There is something called Core IO under programmable firmware. It shows you the current core IO firmware details.

For updating/backdating you can use osp firmware updation utility from Mp's command prompt.

sysrev command shows you the PDC firmware details too. In order to upgrade it use, fw command from MP's command prompt. For making the cell to use the latest PDC firmware, you will need to reboot the machine.