Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hp9000 A500 panics : DATA PAGE FAULT

SOLVED
Go to solution
Colin Patterson_1
Frequent Advisor

hp9000 A500 panics : DATA PAGE FAULT

I've attached the system info and extracts of logs to assist Basically this server panics and reboots. I've run the excercisers from STM and cannot fail the cpu or memory. Our software people insist that it's a hardware fault. I can only disprove this by throwing parts at it but that's the expensive route. Any help appreciated.

regards

Colin
Is there anything they can't do ??
4 REPLIES 4
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: hp9000 A500 panics : DATA PAGE FAULT

Hi Colin,

Suggest to open a call with HP support.

Check below doc for more info.

Document description: HP-UX crash: failing CPU generated erroneous Data Memory Protection Fault

http://www4.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en_US&docId=200000066176849

HTH,
Robert-Jan
Colin Patterson_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi Robert,

The software people sent the dumps to HP Support and the said they couldn't be 100% sure but advised that I swap out the CPU then the CPU card.

I thought that with all of the utilities and the Guadian processor that something would have shown up in the logs.

CPU ordered.

Thanks for the speedy response.

Colin.
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Colin,

You could also check gsp/pdc firmware + stm patches + and HP-UX Quality Packs.

Looking at the resemblance in the doc and your system, cpu looks like the probable cause. But being up to date will also help :-)

Kind regards,
Robert-Jan
Colin Patterson_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi Robert

Thanks again, I'll look into it. I think that I'll have to swap out the CPU first If it still fails I'll insist on the firmware etc before swapping anything alse.

Regards,

Colin