108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

hp9000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Seth Baker
Occasional Advisor

hp9000

Will my hp9000 e25 server support a scsi 2 adapter (product#: 28696A)??? I need one to connect to my disk array's and I just want to double check the compatability before I order one...I cant seem to find the documentation anywhere.
6 REPLIES 6
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

Re: hp9000

According to http://www.partsurfer.hp.com the answer appears to be no, but I seem to think they were. I will try to dig deeper for you
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Jesse Dougherty
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yes, the 28696A will work in the E25, provided you have a double high slot available for it. Below are some specs on the E25

A2937AW E25
Estimated Transactions per minute: 280
1 x 48MHz PA-RISC 7100LC CPU w/ 64MB Cache
Floating Point Coprocessor
512MB Maximum Memory
Maximum of 2 Internal Disk Drives
Maximum of 2 Internal Media Drives
4 Single High HP-PB Expansion I/O slots
SE Port
Parallel Port
EtherTwist Port
Console Port
Remote Management Port

Earliest HP-UX Revision supported 9.04
Software Tire: 1

Hope this helps
Jesse
Seth Baker
Occasional Advisor

Thanks sooo much!!
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi seth,

yes the 28696A will work in the E25 and other e series 9000's. This is a hppb card that is double high though so you need to check for room in the server.
Round the back you need to have two free blanking plates you can remove.
Also this card is FWD so make sure its compatible with the storage you want to connect to. It also has a 68pin external connector.
The se scsi version is 28655A and takes up one single height slot.

Andy
Ted Buis
Honored Contributor

The 28696A is a FWD SCSI 2 adapter, so be careful to make sure that you really have a FWD disk array. Plugging into a LVD or UltraSCSI device will not work. The FWD or Fast Wide Differential SCSI has been out of production for some time, and it has also been called High Voltage Differential or HVD.
Mom 6